Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
Junior Lighting Artist
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 1 Year
• Work with art director and other artists to create compelling environment lighting while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game
• Create atmospheric lighting that communicates mood, storytelling and gameplay
• Create and manage the assets required in our post process pipeline, including colour volume textures, fog textures, HDR Skies, etc.
• Optimization of lighting to meet performance requirements while maintaining the established look and feel
• Adjust textures and objects as necessary for best lighting results
• Collaborate with programming, art, and design teams to solve lighting challenges
• Provide feedback and insight in the development of lighting pipelines and tools
• 1+ years experience in game development lighting
• Excellent understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including dynamic lights, global illumination, ambient occlusion, and pre-baked light map solutions)
• Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering standards and techniques.
• Excellent understanding of the impacts of lighting on a typical game level and the ability to demonstrate problem solving in this regard.
• A strong understanding of light, shadow, and colour, with the ability to use that understanding to create dynamic compositions.
• Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary
• Proficient with Maya, 3ds Max (or at least one major 3D software package) & Photoshop
• Ability to meet tight deadlines in our fast-paced environment
• Aptitude for learning new software tools
• Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
• A passion for games and the games industry
• Living in or willing to relocate to London, Ontario
• Experience with level population and world building a plus
• Strong traditional art background
• Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production