Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
NEW Programmers (Gameplay/Generalist/Software Engineer)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 3-5 years
- $72,800 - $90,000
Digital Extremes is looking for Gameplay Programmers/Software Engineers!
• Develop and maintain a fast 3D game engine that may involve working on graphics, gameplay and/or AI programming as well as porting to next-gen video game platforms
• Collaborate with design, artists and other engineers to implement and fine-tune game features
• Ensure the technical quality and game-play of the product through tuning and bug fixing
• Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
• Provide direction for the code architecture of a next-gen game engine
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization
• Passion for making and playing great games
• Expertise in C++
• Game development experience
• B.Sc. Degree in Comp Sci, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience.
• Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation
• Ability to design efficient and intuitive code architecture for a large-scale game engine
• Willing to relocate to Canada
• Console experience; next-gen preferred
• Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development
• Familiarity with any of the following APIs: D3D, OpenGL, PhysX, DirectSound, DirectInput, Win32/GDI
• Experience with concurrent programming
• Assembly language and low-level systems
• Familiarity with Perforce
• Experience with Perl
• Familiarity with profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX, Tuner)